Bedrooms aren't just for sleeping. They're also spaces meant to help you relax, regroup, and recharge from the obligations of everyday life. While your bedroom should always feel comfy and inviting, this is especially important during the chilly months of winter. If your bedroom currently feels more bare than cozy, don't fret. The design team at Murphy Door can help you make your bedroom cozier with these easy tips, just in time for winter.
1. Layer on the Fabrics to Make Your Bedroom Cozier
There's something about crawling into a bed that is layered with soft fabrics that can help you relax in an instant. To ensure your bed stays warm and welcoming all winter long, keep these ideas in mind:
- Cover your bed in more layers than usual, such as sheets, a plush comforter, and a stylish duvet to make your bed feel as good as it looks.
- Along with the pillows you sleep on, add decorative pillows of different shapes and sizes.
- Choose warm fabrics for your blankets and pillows, such as flannel, wool, and fleece.
Don't forget to add warm fabrics to other areas of your room to elevate its overall coziness. A fluffy area rug, flowy curtain panels, and chunky throw blankets are sure to make the space feel extra comfy.
2. Choose Moody Colors
Light color palettes can help your bedroom feel cool and bright during the warm months of summer. But dark, moody colors are the best option to create your own personal escape from the cold nights of winter. Check out these effortless ways to add more depth to your bedroom with the right color scheme:
- Bring in furnishings with a dark wood finish.
- Paint your walls a rich color, such as navy blue, hunter green, or even a deep plum.
- Create an accent wall with bold, floral wallpaper.
- Incorporate dark accessories to warm up white walls or bedding, such as table lamps, framed photographs, and pottery.
3. Play With Pattern and Texture
Sometimes, designing a room that feels cozy and comforting is as simple as pairing patterns and textures in an unexpected way. Adding a fun print to your accent pillows or curtain panels is a common way to make your bedroom cozier when your bedspread and walls are relatively neutral.
But what about layering busy patterns on top of one another? While it may sound like a design disaster in the making, going bold with mixed and matched patterns can actually help your bedroom to feel cheerful and homey. If you don't know where to start, try these ideas:
- Choose two patterns that are similar in color and size. For example, your bedroom could feature plaid and floral prints that both use the color blue.
- Break up your overlapping bold patterns with a subtle one that uses contrasting colors. For example, add a detailed tan rug to complement floral wallpaper and plaid bedding.
- To put the perfect finishing touch on your cozy bedroom, bring in texture with wicker baskets and a variety of houseplants.
4. Tuck It Away
What better way to make your bedroom cozier this winter than to keep it hidden from the outside world? With a hidden door from Murphy Door, you can keep your bedroom warm, comfy, and, most importantly, private all year long. No matter what your personal style or budget may be, we have the perfect hidden door to enhance your home's beauty, comfort, and function this season.
Visit us online to browse our large selection of quality hidden door solutions. This includes our Dresser Door, Mirror Door, and Shoe Rack Door that would all provide a gorgeous complement to any bedroom. We look forward to helping you tuck your bedroom away!