Swapping out your everyday home decor for more seasonally appropriate accessories is a simple way to breathe new life into your living spaces throughout the year. Every season brings its own playfulness and charm. But there's something about autumn decorations that can instantly make any home feel warm and inviting. The good news is that it doesn't have to take a lot of time, money, or effort to dress up your home for fall. Check out these easy tips from Murphy Door to make a bold statement with chic autumn decorations this year.
Make a Good First Impression
Let's face it. How you decorate your home's exterior is equally as important as how you put together your interior. This is true particularly during the cool months when you'll likely be spending more time outdoors. To ensure that your home is brimming with curb appeal this season, it's a good idea to spruce up your front porch and entryway. Fortunately, this is easier than you may think. Try these simple tips:
- Put an eye-catching door hanger or seasonal wreath on your front door.
- Replace your old welcome mat with a fresh one.
- Add some autumn-friendly greenery, such as colorful mums, to planters on either side of your entrance.
- Elevate your front steps with an assortment of pumpkins in varying sizes, shapes, and colors.
Dress Up Your Mantel
Fireplaces and autumn decorations go hand in hand. Even if you live somewhere warm and have no plans on using your fireplace any time soon, decorating your mantel with chic fall decorations is a great way to get in the spirit of the season. Using your mantel as a focal point while embracing the atmosphere of autumn is as simple as these steps:
- Hang garland made from natural elements, such as foliage, pom poms, or dried flowers.
- Bring in copper elements for a rustic yet sophisticated vibe.
- Stick with warm colors, such as orange, gold, and hunter green.
- Pull the look together with an assortment of candlesticks or twinkle lights.
Bring the Outdoors In
The secret to making the most of your fall decor is to effortlessly incorporate outdoor elements into your everyday indoor living spaces. When done well, the result is tasteful and stylish yet laid back and inviting. Keep these tips in mind to add touches of nature to your home decor like a pro:
- Replace traditional floral accents and centerpieces for more rustic pieces, such as bare branches or cotton stems.
- You can't go wrong by sprinkling miniature pumpkins and gourds (both natural and artificial) in every room for a festive touch.
- Mix and match natural pieces with different textures, such as smooth stones and fibrous baskets, to make every room feel balanced.
- Add cozy accents that highlight the best of nature in autumn; try decorative pillows that feature a fall leaf print.
Store Your Seasonal Decor in Style
Changing your home's decorations and accessories between seasons and holidays doesn't have to be complicated. But it can raise one critical question: what should you do with all the decor you aren't currently using?
With Murphy Door, storing and organizing your seasonal and holiday pieces couldn't be easier. Whether you keep them in a closet or spare room, a hidden door solution, such as our Flush Mount Bookcase Door, can ensure your seasonal decorations stay safe, orderly, and easily accessible all year long. Best of all, you don't have to compromise the style or comfort of your everyday living spaces. Start by visiting us online to browse our large selection of hidden door solutions and find the perfect one for any room in your home!