Technology has become more accessible than ever. It's making its way not only into our children's schools and workspaces but also our homes. With smart TVs, computers, audio systems, and more, the options to enhance your comfort, convenience, and productivity at home are limitless. While using technological devices can make life easier, decorating around them is another story. Storing your IT devices can be quite a challenge, especially if you have a lot of them. Luckily, you don't have to compromise the style of your home to accommodate the latest smart features and have a great home office. Check out these practical tips for hiding your technological gadgets while maintaining the beauty and comfort of your home.
Hide Your Wires in Style
Incorporating more computers and devices into your living spaces can make working from home easy and convenient. But styling a clutter-free space can be difficult with wires hanging everywhere. To keep your walls, floor, and furniture free of unsightly wires, gadgets, and technological knick-knacks, keep these tips in mind:
- Hide the cords from your television behind picture frames on the wall.
- Tuck cords and wires from your television or computer in a container or even a stylish trash bin under your desk or entertainment table.
- Store modems and routers in a wicker basket on your counter or shelf.
Create a Discreet Home Office Space
Sometimes the best way to conceal computer screens, printers, and filing cabinets is to position them in a less-than-obvious space to begin with. Designing a home office space in a discreet area of your home will keep your IT supplies out of sight. It can also free up space in your home. Some great places to tuck away your work area include:
- An attic or basement
- The corner of a large room
- A closet
These options may seem like an unusual place to work at first. But you'll find that it doesn't take as much space as you think to curate a workspace for your home.
When choosing home decor to complement your home office space, it's important to choose items that are as beautiful as they are functional. In some cases, that means thinking outside the box. Here are some simple tips to help you do just that.
- Hide routers or cable boxes in an empty book cover. You can purchase a box that looks like a stack of books or remove the binding from a book you no longer use. Either way, this is a simple yet effective way to keep things both hidden and accessible.
- Create a gallery wall around your television to help minimize it as the focal point of the room.
- Tape wires from your desktop or printer to the back of your desk leg so they stay secure and out of sight.
Utilize a Bookcase Door
Disguising and storing your IT supplies in plain sight is helpful. But devoting an entire area to your technological appliances is even better. With a bookcase door from The Murphy Door, you can keep your smart devices and accessories organized, accessible, and, most importantly, hidden. Choose between a single or double bookcase door that can be customized to meet the unique needs and style of your home. The bookcase effortlessly enhances your living room, bedroom, or home office with its handsome design and additional storage. Also, its hidden door capabilities will make your home even more attractive and practical by storing your extra routers, cords, monitors, and more in one convenient spot. To find the perfect bookcase door and other hidden door options for your home, visit us online today.