Kitchens are among the busiest rooms in any given home. Between cooking, cleaning, and spending time together, family life always seems to find its way back to the kitchen from morning until night. Everyone wants their kitchen to look modern and fresh. But it's equally important that your kitchen be well organized to keep your daily life running as smoothly as possible. One of the most beneficial ways to ensure that you get the most out of your kitchen is maintaining an orderly pantry. Check out these four pantry organization tips from the trusted team at Murphy Door to organize your pantry like a pro.
1. Pair Similar Items Together
When you look into your pantry, you should know exactly where to find any particular item. Nobody wants to sift through cans, boxes, and jars just to find their favorite cereal, especially when they're in a hurry.
With this in mind, it can be very helpful to pair similar items together in your pantry. For instance, canned goods can rest on one shelf while perishable items, such as avocados and garlic, can go on a different one. To make this process simple, start with a completely empty pantry and methodically add items back to each space.
2. Break Your Pantry Into "Zones"
Along with pairing similar items together, consider breaking your pantry into specific zones. Doing so can make finding ingredients as you cook or grabbing a quick snack on the go effortless and convenient. Here are some zones that you may find helpful to use in your own pantry:
- Baking ingredients, such as sugar, flour, and baking powder
- Cooking oils and spices
- Instant meals, such as canned soup, boxed macaroni and cheese, and ramen noodles
- Easy breakfasts, such as cereal, instant oatmeal, and granola bars
- Perishables, such as potatoes, tomatoes, onions, and garlic
- Canned goods
- Boxed goods, such as pasta and rice mixes
- Quick snacks, such as chips and crackers
For items that come in cans or bottles, such as oils, a lazy Susan can help keep things together while also being easily accessible.
3. Make Things Simple
The easier it is to find things in your pantry, the better. To make stocking and locating food and other kitchen essentials in your pantry a breeze, keep these pantry organization tips in mind:
- Store dry goods in clear containers to see exactly how much of each item you have.
- Label everything from shelves to expiration dates, so there's no question about where items go or how long they'll be fresh.
- Use baskets or bins to store items that don't stack well, such as snack bags.
- Utilize shelf dividers to maximize vertical space.
- Put things that you don't regularly use, such as entertaining supplies, up high.
4. Optimize Space with a Hidden Door
Hidden door solutions from Murphy Door can enhance the beauty and function of any space in your home — especially the pantry. Our customizable doors can add up to 20 cubic feet of storage space to your pantry. They can also keep your cooking supplies completely hidden from view.
You can't go wrong with our traditional Pantry Door. It can be customized to your liking with a decorative cut-out design, full-length mirror, or blackboard finish, perfect for noting errands and pulling together grocery lists. Likewise, our stylish Spice Rack Door is sure to bring one-of-a-kind beauty to your kitchen. It will also add much-needed shelf and cabinet space to store spices, kitchen decor, and more.
Murphy doors can enhance the space you get through any of these pantry organization tips. To find the perfect hidden door solution for your pantry or any other room in your home, visit us online today. We can't wait to show you how simple and convenient keeping your pantry organized can be!