Who doesn't love decorating for Halloween? Unlike other holidays, Halloween offers the perfect opportunity to incorporate some seasonal accessories into your ordinary home decor while not taking things too seriously. Deciding how to decorate your home for Halloween is half the fun during the spooky season.
Ghosts hanging in your trees? Perfectly acceptable. Skeletons sitting in your rocking chair? We're here for it! Fortunately, when it comes to making your Halloween decor your own, the sky's the limit. Check out these easy tips from Murphy Door to make this Halloween your best one yet with playful (and tasteful) decorating ideas.
Get Creative About How to Decorate Your Home for Halloween
When it comes to designing a one-of-a-kind Halloween display, don't be afraid to think outside the box. DIY Halloween decorations aren't only a cost-effective way to pinch some pennies. They can also help you put your own personal touch on your home this season. Here are some ideas that you're sure to love:
- Paint pumpkins instead of carving them to help them last longer while looking fabulous.
- Create your own wreath with dollar store finds, such as plastic eyeballs, black feathers, miniature pumpkins, and more.
- Design a spooky scene in your front yard with plastic skeletons and items from around your house, such as clothes, garden tools, or toys.
Halloween decorations should be playful. Don't be afraid to have fun with your decor — include surprising elements, DIY crafts, and a combination of stylish and spooky home decor.
Keep It Tasteful
While you may have a plastic skeleton on your porch or a jar of eyeballs on your counter, that doesn't mean that you can't incorporate tasteful Halloween decor in your living spaces. Bringing in classy yet cozy Halloween decorations is a great way to make your holiday feel special. Check out these simple ideas to get started:
- Swap out your everyday throw pillows for Halloween-inspired ones. Look for the notorious orange and black colors, pumpkins, ghosts, or anything else that will immediately let your guests know what season it is.
- Hang twinkle lights around your porch, patio, or yard to create a dreamy vibe.
- Place autumn flowers throughout your home to make even the creepiest of spaces feel welcoming and homey.
Focus on Your Outdoor Space
Let's be honest. Your outdoor Halloween decorations should take precedence over your indoor ones. After all, your front yard and porch area are what the trick-or-treaters will see when they come knocking on your door. With this in mind, it's important to make sure your outdoor space is decked out in its Halloween best. Here are some ideas to get the most out of your outdoor Halloween decor:
- Choose a theme. Are you going for a scary, cute, or classy theme? This will help you choose decorations that complement your vision.
- Make your front door the focal point with a spooky door hanger and fresh welcome mat.
- Make a statement with plenty of pumpkins, gourds, and autumn flowers on your front steps or patio.
Stash Your Decorations in Style
When it's time to organize and store your ghosts, goblins, and ghouls, Murphy Door is here to help. With one of our customizable hidden door options, such as our Flush Mount Bookcase Door, you can stash your Halloween decorations in style.
Simply store your accessories and decor in your favorite bins, then tuck them away out of sight in a closet or spare room until you're ready to decide how to decorate your home for Halloween next year. With a beautiful hidden door, your days of crawling in the attic or sorting through the garage to find where you put your favorite Halloween items are gone.
Visit us online today to browse our large selection of quality hidden door options. Then you'll see how simple keeping all of your holiday decorations organized and accessible can be.