Staying motivated and engaged while working from home is sometimes easier said than done, especially if your home office leaves a lot to be desired. If you're having a hard time staying productive and focusing on your work, it may be time to give your at-home workspace a much-needed upgrade. Luckily, a few small improvements can make a big difference in terms of designing an office space that is beautiful and practical. Check out these four simple tips from Murphy Door to make your home office redesign as smooth and simple as possible.
1. Give Your Desk an Upgrade
When it's time to give your home office a facelift, investing in a new desk is a must. The desk is not only the space in your office that will get the most use and attention, but it will also act as the centerpiece of the room upon which the rest of your decor will revolve around. With this in mind, it's important to keep a few factors in mind in order to get the most out of your office desk:
- How big is your office space? If your workspace is limited, a bulky desk will only make it look small and closed in. Because of this, it's best to find a desk that provides plenty of space to work without overcrowding the room.
- What style do you have in mind? Determining whether you want your home office redesign to focus on classic, modern, or rustic themes can help keep your furniture shopping experience smooth and efficient.
- What will you be using your desk for? Jot down features you'd like your updated desk to have. This might include standing capabilities or built-in storage bins to make sure that your desk meets your specific needs.
2. Elevate Your Lighting
The lights that you choose to bring into your home office matter. The right light fixtures won't just help your home office feel big, bright, and inviting. They will ensure that you stay as motivated and productive as possible while working at home.
Fortunately, you don't have to be a professional interior designer to layer lights in your office like one. By combining ambient overhead lighting, soft accent lights (think table lamps), and practical task lights, you can easily create a home office that feels balanced and polished.
3. Incorporate Cozy Touches
Sure, a home office should be a place that is functional and user-friendly. But it should ultimately be as comfortable as it is practical. To ensure your home office redesign leaves the space feeling welcoming and unique, consider adding a few of these cozy touches to the space:
- Add a gorgeous area rug to keep your toes warm while incorporating visual intrigue.
- Bring in a houseplant or two for a homey atmosphere.
- Hang up artwork and photographs that you love to keep you inspired.
- Use your favorite colors to reflect your personality and taste.
4. Add a Bookcase French Door
Take your home office to the next level. A Flush Mount Bookcase French Door from Murphy Door is unparalleled in terms of style and functionality. Along with being timeless, attractive, and customizable, our bookcase French door is the ideal complement to any home office. Our bookcase French door will make your workspace feel regal and sophisticated. Also, it will provide a beautiful backdrop for conference calls and Zoom meetings. Better still, printers, filing cabinets, and office supplies can easily be hidden out of sight as needed.
To find the perfect hidden door solution for any room in your home, including the office, visit the Murphy Door online. You're sure to love our large selection of one-of-a-kind bookcase doors, mirror doors, French doors, and more.