There's nothing like celebrating the holidays with the ones you love most. Planning holiday gatherings is certainly a worthwhile endeavor. But it can also be busy and stressful, particularly for the host. Fortunately, preparing your dining room for guests in advance can make all the difference in creating holiday memories that you won't soon forget. Check out these easy tips from Murphy Door to keep your dining room ready for guests this holiday season.
Consider Your Furniture Arrangement
How your dining room is set up will pave the way for how the space looks and feels this holiday season. With this in mind, it's important to consider what furnishings you have and how they're arranged. If your dining room feels cluttered or closed in, chances are that you could stand to let go of a few pieces or replace them with furnishings that take up less space. On the other hand, you'll need enough chairs to accommodate the guests you'll be hosting. Also, consider the walking space for those guests to move comfortably within the room.
Keep It Spick and Span
No one wants to waste time deep cleaning right before they host a holiday party. To save yourself valuable time and effort that could be spent preparing for your holiday get-togethers, do yourself a favor and get your dining room ready before you have to. This could include:
- Shampooing area rugs
- Dusting furnishings, wall decor, and light fixtures
- Washing your serving dishes, silverware, and drinkware
- Getting rid of any excess stuff that could make the room look cluttered
Create a Drink Station
Designating a specific spot in your dining room for guests to make their favorite drinks is a great way to keep your holiday parties fun and festive, no matter how small they may be. The good news is that you don't have to have a home bar to create a drink station that is both stylish and functional. Keep these ideas in mind to bring your ultimate home bar dreams to life this season:
- Position a spare table in a corner of the room; keep it away from items that could get damaged, such as area rugs.
- Place a plastic tablecloth over it to protect it from spills.
- Arrange a variety of glasses to hold your favorite drinks
- Don't forget the accessories, including napkins, a cocktail shaker, and an ice bucket.
Set the Mood with Accessories
Holiday get-togethers should feel special. Whether you're planning an intimate dinner for your loved ones or a lively party for a crowd, bringing in the right accessories can help make your ordinary dining room feel festive and merry.
Looking for some inspiration on ways to adorn your dining room with holiday cheer? You can't go wrong with these ideas for keeping your dining room ready:
- Make a dramatic statement with candlesticks of varying sizes and styles in your centerpiece display.
- Hang seasonal garland on your china cabinet to make the room feel polished without being busy.
- Arrange twinkle lights around the decorations on your buffet table for a romantic touch.
- Incorporate music with a portable Bluetooth speaker placed in a discreet location.
Store Your Entertaining Pieces in Style
Hosting a holiday gathering of any size is no small feat. Between managing the menu, decorations, guest list, and more, anything that can make the process simpler and more enjoyable for the host is a must. Adding a hidden door from Murphy Door to your dining room is the perfect solution to make your holiday entertaining both easy and memorable.
Visit us online to check out our Wine Rack Door, Dresser Door, and other quality hidden door solutions. They are sure to enhance your dining room by keeping your serving ware, table linens, and decorations neatly organized all season long.