The colors that you choose to incorporate into your home matter. After all, color doesn't just affect how space looks. It also affects how you feel within it. So to help your home look and feel as beautiful and relaxing as possible, it's important to choose colors that you love. We’re here to help make this process as smooth and enjoyable as possible. Check out these four 2021 color trends that are sure to make your home look its best this year.
Blue: The Color That Can Do It All
Everyone loves the color blue — and for a good reason. Whether light or dark, muted or saturated, blues can relieve stress and promote relaxation while exuding distinct personality and charm. After coming out of the crazy year that was 2020, 2021 is the perfect time to incorporate more cool blues into your living spaces to give them new life.
Don't know where to start? Then here are some practical ideas to help you get started:
- Replace plain white walls with a pastel blue to transform your bedroom into a calming sanctuary.
- Pair royal blue chairs with a rustic farmhouse table in your dining room. This will create an unexpected yet contemporary pop of color.
- Make a statement in your living room, home office, or kitchen with a handsome hidden door in Hale Navy.
Green Is the New Black
2021 color trends are about embracing the natural, too. There's no better color to complement the wood, metal, and brick elements in your home than green. Like blues, greens can effortlessly add tranquility and warmth to your home, making it feel both stylish and inviting. If decorating with green is new to you, don't worry. Brining a few green pieces into a space is all you need to make a big impact. Keep these tips in mind to add green to your home like a pro:
- Bring in an emerald armchair, ottoman, or other pieces of furniture to be a focal point in an otherwise neutral space.
- Incorporate plants of different styles, sizes, and shades of green. This will add color, texture, and a cozy touch to your living spaces.
- Paint a small room, such as a bathroom, sage or mint to make it feel bigger and brighter.
Pack a Punch With Yellow
Using Pantone's color of the year "Illuminating" in your home is sure to catch the eye of anyone who steps inside. This rich shade of yellow is filled with energy, positivity, and warmth. These are all things we could use more of in 2021! While this bold shade of yellow may be a bit outside of your comfort zone in terms of home decor, don't be afraid to think outside the box to use it in a way that complements your home's existing style, such as:
- With throw pillows or blankets on your sectional or bed
- On an accent wall in your kitchen, living room, or dining room
- With accessories such as artwork, a vase, or color blocking books on your bookcase
Redefine "Neutral" With 2021 Color Trends
Recent home decor has been all about light neutrals, such as whites and creams. But 2021 is bringing back the gray. Gray is the perfect color to create a stunning neutral palette in your home, without making the space feel stark or cold. To embrace the color in a way that looks like Joanna Gaines herself put the space together, keep these tips in mind:
- If you want to go bold by using gray to paint an entire room, be sure to balance it out with light-colored furniture and accessories.
- Use gray as a statement piece. Choose an eye-catching focal point in the room, such as this gorgeous Dorian Gray hidden bookcase door.
- Charcoal paint can revamp your ordinary kitchen or bathroom cabinets with a sophisticated touch.
Murphy Door can help your home feel contemporary and fresh with our two gorgeous new hidden door colors: Hale Navy and Dorian Gray. These modern, elegant shades are sure to enhance virtually any space in your home, making it feel more comfortable and inviting than you could imagine. For more ideas on how to easily incorporate 2021 color trends for home design into your favorite living spaces, visit us online today!