If you love firearms, you're probably interested in storing your guns in the most convenient, stylish, and, of course, safest way possible. The good news is that the options are endless when it comes to putting your firearms on display or organizing them efficiently. Check out these practical tips from the trusted design team at Murphy Door to keep your gun collection in order while adding to the style and functionality of your home.
Regardless of how you choose to store the guns in your home, safety should always be your primary concern. Even if you don't have children in your home, keeping your guns secured is the best way to prevent them from getting into the hands of an inexperienced individual who could harm themselves or someone else.
Owning guns is a tremendous responsibility that shouldn't be taken lightly. The good news is that keeping your firearms secure doesn't have to be difficult. Storing your firearms safely is as simple as following these steps:
- Always lock the gun case where they're stored.
- Always keep your guns unloaded. Unless you plan to use a specific firearm right away, there should be no cartridges in any of the guns that you display in your home.
- Consider storing your ammunition in a separate location from the guns themselves. This way, if someone does happen to gain access to your unloaded gun, there's one more hurdle preventing a dangerous situation.
- Add cable locks to your guns to attach them to the case itself. This prevents them from being pulled out by anyone who doesn't have the key or code.
- Put trigger locks on your guns, whether you have a hidden gun or one on display. Even if someone does gain access to them, they can't be fired.
Consider Your Needs
Once you're familiar with how to keep the guns in your home secure, it's time to consider style. You can think about how to show them off (or tuck them away) in a visually appealing way. Here are some factors to keep in mind when deciding how to organize and store firearms in your home:
- Are you using your firearms for protection or decoration? Displaying a collection of guns is quite different from strategically placing guns around your home for protective purposes.
- Would you like to be able to access your guns quickly, or would you prefer to keep them hidden?
- Should your gun storage solution be portable? Will you only be using it in your home?
- Are you on a tight budget, or are you looking to make a long-term investment?
Recognizing how you'd like to utilize the guns in your home can help you determine a way to store your firearms that works best for you. Some popular options include a traditional gun safe, a glass door gun case, or even hidden coffee table gun storage.
Store Your Guns in Style
If you have a variety of firearms, such as rifles and pistols, in your home, why not show them off a bit? Incorporating a gun cabinet into your living room, dining room, or bedroom is an effortless way to enhance the overall style of the space. With a customizable hidden Gun Cabinet Door from Murphy Door, you can keep up your rifles and pistoles organized while concealing ammunition and valuables behind.
Our Gun Cabinet Door offers:
- Standing gun slots for 5-8 rifles depending on door width
- Locking cabinet doors
- Locking ammo drawer
- Locking pistol storage
Visit Murphy Door today to see how easy creating a one-of-a-kind storage space for your guns can be.