When it comes to selling your home, the appearance and functionality of your living spaces are very important. After all, who wants to buy a house with rooms that don't look and feel inviting?
Whether you're preparing to put your home on the market soon or are interested in taking steps to make your house more valuable in general, investing in a secret door is a great way to instantly improve the style, comfort, and practicality of virtually any area of your home.
Enhance Your Home's Style
If you're about to put a "For Sale" sign in your front yard, it's important to consider how your home looks. Of course, updating light fixtures and giving your walls a fresh coat of paint is a good idea to make your home's interior appear more fresh and modern. But they certainly aren't the only ways of making your living spaces look more stylish.
A Murphy Door can make any area of your home look more stylish and contemporary, including these spaces:
- Master Bedroom: It's no secret that mirrors have the power to make rooms feel big, bright, and welcoming. Incorporating a Mirror Door into your master bedroom can take it from ordinary to extraordinary; this one change will create the illusion of space while bringing in a sophisticated touch.
- Living Room: Bookcases can make a charming addition to any room. But they are particularly beneficial in living rooms. Along with storing practical household essentials, such as books, a Flush Mount Bookcase Door can make your family room more attractive by displaying family photographs, eye-catching artwork, and more.
- Bathroom: If you think there's no way that a secret door can elevate your bathroom, think again. A hidden Hamper Door can provide a convenient spot to keep your linens and toiletries organized; you can also use it for neatly tucking dirty laundry away.
Maximize Storage Space
Storage space is always an important factor when you’re selling your home. The more options your house provides its next owner, the better. Future residents will need space to store and organize holiday decorations, seasonal clothing, office supplies, and more.
Fortunately, adding a secret door can create the sought-after storage space that potential home buyers will be happy to see. Our built-in bookcases are an obvious choice to create valuable storage space in your living room, dining room, or home office. But our Dresser Door is also perfect for spare bedrooms, especially those with limited space.
Keep Things Hidden
Regardless of how spacious or organized your home may be, there are areas of every house that homeowners would prefer to keep hidden. If you would love to keep your laundry room, pantry, closet, or any space tucked out of sight, a hidden door is a wonderful option.
What laundry room wouldn't be more functional with our Hamper Door? We particularly love our Spice Rack Door and Pantry Door to take your kitchen to the next level. Likewise, our Wine Rack Door and Pool Cue Door can hide a spare closet; they'll also add a playful touch to your family room.
Prepare Your Home for the Market With Murphy Door
Increasing the value of your home doesn't have to be complicated, whether you’re selling your home now or preparing for the future. By incorporating a secret door into your living room, bedroom, kitchen, or other living space, you can easily:
- Make your home look more stylish.
- Maximize its storage space.
- Keep nearly any closet or room hidden.
We are proud to offer a large variety of timeless, customizable hidden door solutions that can help you make the most out of every room in your home. Visit us online today to see how simple improving the sellability of your house can be with Murphy Door!