The Mirror Door is 8-1/4" deep
5-1/4" out-swing, 6-1/4" in-swing, and 12" in or out-swing available.
Please be aware of the pass through loss and wall clearance requirements for each door depth. Pass through clearances and wall clearance requirements can be seen in the tab labeled "Pass Through Space". View our help section for more information on our products!
Our doors are built to install in standard interior door openings. Standard jamb depths are:
4-9/16" for a 2x4 wall with drywall
6-9/16" for a 2x6 wall with drywall
Custom jamb depths are available on out-swings only.
The threshold will be 7" deep regardless of door depth or jamb depth unless you enter a custom jamb depth deeper than 7" then we will make the threshold match the depth of your jamb.
5-1/4" door depth will have a 3" shelf depth
6-1/4" door depth will have a 4" shelf depth
Standard 8-1/4" door depth will have a 6-1/2" shelf depth
12" door depth will have a 10-1/4" shelf depth
Average Door Weight:
Average door weight is 125 to 150 lbs depending on width, height, options, and locking system. Due to door weight we do not recommend Mirror Doors over 40" wide. Door will hold up to 300 lbs but we cannot guarantee rated weight for doors over 36" wide.
Width: Entablature width varies depending on door width. Top is 12" wider than door, bottom is 6" wider than door.
- Murphy Door does not guarantee against sag or twist on doors wider than 36" (Rough Opening 38").
- Total width of the inside dimensions of the jamb is the size listed on you door option (IE: 30" door is 30" inside to inside of the jamb).
- Our doors are constructed using a MDF or Plywood Core - 3/4" sides, 1-1/2" top, 1-1/2" bottom, 3/4" shelves, 1/2" back panel, 3/4" casings - paint-grade or wood veneer options available. The face frame and cabinet doors are 3/4" solid hardwood. MDF cores carry our full 1 year warranty. Plywood cores have a 30 day warranty due to a higher risk of delamination.
- All Murphy Doors will be built to accommodate shimming for both the height and width. If your order includes custom measurements, these same accommodations will be made. The jamb width will be ½” smaller than the rough opening width selected. The jamb height will be 1-1/8” shorter than the rough opening height selected. Please note that due to the special nature of our doors, you will want to have the clearance for shimming to allow the door to flex. As your house shifts, so will the door. Please keep in mind that we do this so that adjustments can be made when things like this happen.
- All existing jamb and trim will need to be removed prior to installation of a Murphy Door.
- Murphy Door is not responsible for issues with painting or staining of an unfinished door. We recommend a professional finisher for all unfinished doors. We also recommend that the doors be painted or stained within 10 days of receiving the door in order to avoid any bowing or flexing of the wood. Unfinished doors are sent as completely raw wood, with no lacquer. The paint or stain cures the wood in order to avoid any issues with it. You will be responsible for sanding and priming (if applicable).