Murphy Doors Unassembled is for the EXPERIENCED Carpenter. If you have been dreaming of a Murphy Door but don't have the equipment or don't have the measurements to cut for clearances this is a great option for you.
- Unassembled doors are available in our non-home solutions flush mounts.
- Ready to assemble! includes all necessary hardware, lumber, and fasteners as well as assembly instructions.
- Preview assembly on our BILT app available on Apple app store or google play store! Search Murphy Door.
- Limited warranty on Unassembled unit: Materials and Hardware only.
- All Murphy Doors will be built to accommodate shimming for both the height and width. If your order includes custom measurements, these same accommodations will be made. The jamb width will be ½” smaller than the rough opening width selected. The jamb height will be 1-1/8” shorter than the rough opening height selected. Please note that due to the special nature of our doors, you will want to have the clearance for shimming to allow the door to flex. As your house shifts, so will the door. Please keep in mind that we do this so that adjustments can be made when things like this happen.
- All existing jamb and trim will need to be removed prior to installation of a Murphy Door.
- Murphy Door is not responsible for issues with painting or staining of an unfinished door. We recommend a professional finisher for all unfinished doors. We also recommend that the doors be painted or stained within 10 days of receiving the door in order to avoid any bowing or flexing of the wood. Unfinished doors are sent as completely raw wood, with no lacquer. The paint or stain cures the wood in order to avoid any issues with it. You will be responsible for sanding and priming (if applicable).
- Murphy Door will not warranty any damage that occurs due to assembly of an unassembled Murphy Door.
- Murphy Door does not attach the hinges to the door before shipping. Complete assembly, hardware install, and door install would be your sole responsibility.